Château Meyney is one of the oldest estates in the Médoc.
In 1662, it was a Convent mentioned in records under the names Couvent des Feuillants or Prieuré des Couleys. Today, the estate stretches over some of the best hilltops above the Gironde Estuary. The river lying alongside the first rows of vines makes for a majestic, serene landscape.
The estate belonged to the Luetkens family for several generations, and was then acquired by Mr Désiré Cordier in 1919. In 2004, CA Grands Crus, a subsidiary of the Groupe Crédit Agricole, acquired Château Meyney, with a determination to strengthen the potential of this outstanding cru. An improvement plan was put together for the entire estate. It is supervised today by Anne Le Naour, the Technical Director, and the consultant oenologist, Hubert de Bouärd.