Château L'Arrosée was first listed in Le Féret among the Saint-Emilion premiers crusb in 1868 when it belonged to Pierre Magne, a minister of Napoleon 3rd. At the time the property had neither vinigication nor ageing facilities and the harvest was sold to the co-operative. It was purchased by the Rodhain family in 1911. François Rodhain took over the estate in 1956 and by 1970, François had installed winemaking equipment and all the wine was being estate-bottled. L'Arrosée's 10 hectare vineyard is located on the western section of the St-Emilion `côtes` and is planted with Merlot (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), and Cabernet Franc (20%). The grapes are hand-harvested before being fermented in temperature-controlled concrete vats. The wine is then matured in 100% new oak casks for 12 months. It is bottled unfined and unfiltered. Since August 2002 L'Arrosée has been run by the enthusiastic new proprietors, Roger and Jean-Philippe Caille.