For online shipping orders only, allow two business days to ship.
Who owns Frog’s Leap? John Williams, who founded the winery in 1981, is still the current owner and winemaker.
Where does the name “Frog’s Leap” come from? Frog’s Leap was originally started on a historic property in St. Helena known to be a commercial frog farm in the late 1800’s. When John Williams first came to the Napa Valley in 1975, he began making wine for a little-known winery called “Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars.” In 1976, John and his friend Larry Turley made their first barrel of wine at the “Frog Farm” with “borrowed” grapes from Stag’s Leap, and coined the name “Frog’s Leap” as an inside joke. In 1981, John and Larry decided to get serious and the rest, as they say, is history.